Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
syrinth

Newbie help

syrinth
15 years ago

Hello everyone.

While we were cleaning up the back yard today, I discovered a total of 25 sugar maple seedlings growing. By seedlings I mean these guys are brand new, some of them haven't even gotten out of their casing yet. I saved them all because they were going to be pulled otherwise, and I figured that the more I saved, the better chance I had of having any survivors.

Last year I was going to try bonsai but the fact that I had no idea what I was doing made me too discouraged to really go anywhere with it.

Tomorrow I plan to go out and get some soil to re-pot the trees in *gonna need a few extra pots come to think of it* and could use some advice on what kind of soil to get, regular soil? Potting soil?

Because I'm also the kind of person who needs to get as much information as I can, I also want to get a book on bonsai and was wondering if anyone knows of any good books or sites I could use as a reference?

I have done some research on the subject in the past, but I'm still very unsure of what to do because all my information has been gained from websites, which I don't necessarily trust.

Finally, any general information on what I need to watch out for would be great. Many thanks for any and all information you can give me.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH