Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with my Barbados Cherry Bonsai

Posted by bkolcz09 CT (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 23:23

Hey I got this Barbados cherry bonsai at a fair 3 years ago. Basically, I've watered and and just kept it alive and from time to time cut ugly branches off. I'll be honest, I've been neglecting it alot. I just want help because I want to revive this and make it beautiful again. So where do I start?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with my Barbados Cherry Bonsai

Just a suggestion, I'm sure there are people with far greater experience on this forum who could provide better advice but here is my two cents: You could put it in a bigger pot, put it by a window or outside, and let it grow feral for a year or two. This would give the plant a chance to become healthy, thick, and strong enough to be trained into any shape you like.

o
RE: Help with my Barbados Cherry Bonsai

If the roots on a tree quit growing then the tree will die. The tree is probably root bound. It would be good to pull it up and trim the roots. This should be done every 2 to 3 years to keep it healthy also I would suggest a good bonsai book. Unfortunately I don't know of any.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here