Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
follow up-bougainvillea bonsai

Posted by jessem4145 zone 9, sun city, CA (nicky_jesse@verizon.net) on
Mon, May 14, 07 at 0:51

My baby seems to be doing well. While she has not bloomed since dropping blooms from shock of moving, there is a lot of fresh bracht growing. I guess she will bloom when she gets ready. I am a guy but I talk to her probably 6 or 7 times a day and I can actually see difference in growth from morning till evening--shocked me--had wife confirm. I have roots growing straight up through soil. Are these future little tree trunks or unrelated???

I put her out about dawn and if temp goes above 90 F in afternoon I bring her in. She loves all day when temps max at 85 F --morn direct sun--afternoon in shade

It is so cool to watch it grow.

Jesse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: follow up-bougainvillea bonsai

What's growing up are 'suckers', and if you cut them back to below the soil, you'll redirect energy to the main trunk. If you've ever seen an apple tree in the fields, they're usually surrounded by lots of suckers unless someone is vigilant about cutting them. Sounds happy otherwise!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here