Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anti smell spray advice

Posted by robertgwyther (My Page) on
Thu, May 7, 09 at 6:05

Hi,
I am working on an idea of producing an aerosol spray that can be sprayed on plants in order to lock in unpleasant smells does any reader have any advice or ideas on this subject please

I was wondering what product could be used as the base material to basically coat the plant in a protective layer to seal in unpleasant smells but at the same time not be harmful to the plant or inhibit its growth.

Better still if the product actually promoted healthy growth

Come on guys get your thinking caps on i would be really grateful for any input help or advice absolutely anything thank you.

regards
Rob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anti smell spray advice

There are sprays that reduce the amount of water lost by transpiration. These are typically used for new transplants to keep them from drying out. What bad smelling bonsai are you growing?

Frank

o

I grow some pretty stinky plants-amorphophallus, dutchmans pipe vines-but have never found the need to spray them.
I too am curious, what are you growing that smells so bad? I just don't stick my nose in the amorph blooms or crunch the foliage on the dutchmans pipe.
Tally HO!

o

Ya I wondered about that too, still laughing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here