Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trident Maple: Bud hasn't opened

Posted by ishika_patel20002 Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 14 at 12:53

Hi, I'm from Columbus, OH and My bonsai needs some help i think. This is my second year owing the trident maple forest bonsai. I bought it from online and it was doing great last year. Last year by this time all the leaves were out and grown. But there is not a tiny bit has came yet this year. I see the buds are there since winter but it hasn't opened yet and I don't see any progress. not sure how long it has been since its last re-potted, so i was thinking that it might need root pruning. So i talked a lady at garden center as seems to be knowledgeable in bonsai. She asked me to hold off on reporting or root pruning this year as tree might be in process of doing stuff. But she didn't see it visually so i wasn't sure. I'm asking for second opinion. Do you think its dead or has some issue? I do see that trunk is green from inside even i tried to open one of the but to see what going on and it was green as well. Has any experiencing this or has in past. I have attached some pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trident Maple: Bud hasn't opened

Post a pic....

My Trident Maples are the first to leaf out....for a couple months now.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here