Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice please

Posted by hydrophile Boiling Florida (My Page) on
Sat, May 2, 09 at 13:09

Im a new user hello everyone. Ive been more than ridiculously lucky with plants of any kind they just grow. Ive had bonsai trees before but i recently began to grow them from seeds. I have a Redwood that sprouted and I have no idea what type of soil would best be suited for its growth i would really appreciate any information that anyone has to offer thanx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice please

I have several little Dawn Redwoods that are in regular potting soil that are doing quite well... and we have some at the university here (I found my the seeds for my redwoods under those trees!) that are doing well just in our regular old Pennsylvania soil.

Here's something I found online that might help! :)

This tree tolerates some drought occasional wetness, ozone and some salt. It prefers a well-drained, loamy, sandy or clay soil with a pH of acidic to slightly alkaline. (6.8-7.7) Do not plant in soil with a high pH
http://www.daytonnursery.com/Encyclopedia/Trees_Shrubs/Metasequoia glypostroboides.htm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here