Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparkers30

Uncertain of Species

Sparkers30
10 years ago

Hello,

Bought this a couple of weeks ago. It looks like it is dying or is poorly. It is wilting a great deal.

I need to sort it out. But could you please tell me the species?

It said 'Ligustrum' on the label that came with the tree when I bought it from Garden Centre, however, considering the Serissa I have was marked as a Zelkova I can't be sure of anything.

(Also if you have any ideas on why it could be wilting it would be very useful. It has happened slowly over the last four days. It isn't taking up water quickly. I was wetting the soil once a day using a squirty bottle or flooding through when it got pretty dry.
At the moment the middle of the soil is slightly moist.
I don't want to water it though in case I am overwatering and this is killing it. But then I don't want to underwater.

It sits on the window sill and gets direct sunlight. It has been quite sunny the last few days. Though given I live in the British Isles it isn't getting blasted by the light.

The soil seems to be general purpose stuff that the garden centre have used. I do have a bonsai soil that I have just bought.

Where would you get started in working out what to do with the tree in its current state of wilting heavily?

Thanks for your help

Sam

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner