Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xebby

Money Tree Suggestions?

xebby
15 years ago

Hello! I found this site as I was looking for some info on my new Money Tree and after lurking around I though I should just post what I'm looking for. I hope this is the right place to ask.

Anyway, A few days ago I was at an oriental store and came across some really interesting plants. The one that really caught my eye was a big plant in a one gallon container. There were several smaller version of the same plant but my eyes just could not leave the larger plant and on an impulse I bought it. It has a braided trunk and leafs that branch out beautifully. I was told it was called a "money tree" and it was a type of bonsai. I was given care instructions but not very detailed, just the typical "keep out of direct sunlight" and "water when soil feel dry" but no real upkeep info that I would have liked.

Now that it's in my home I'm wondering if it need some pruning or some sort of treatment to keep it looking nice. I have it sitting in the container it came in but I'm wondering if it needs to be transplanted and how I should go about doing that? It seems rather large compared to other money trees I have seen and the leafs are from sprout coming from the side of the trunk rather then the top which was cut off. Is that normal? So now that I have this tree what can I do with it?

Below are some pictures I took of the tree using my camera phone, not that great but I figure better then nothing and hope they help some. I placed a dollar in the center of it to help show the size. I'm guessing it's about a foot and a half tall.

{{gwi:10357}}
{{gwi:10358}}

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can give me.

-Xebby

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler