Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
head_cutter

Same same

head_cutter
10 years ago

One of the signs that the economy is tanking here is the amount of plants/trees showing up for sale on the street almost daily; with sharply reduced prices. The prices of even poorly conceived bonsai went through the roof a few years ago. Now, eating is becoming more important than hanging onto a tree.

During the Tet holiday this tree would have been worth the inflated price of $2-300 USD. Going for coffee on day I found it for 300,000 VND or about $15. My wife went back and bargained a little - bought it for 220,000 VND.

3 feet tall, nice 'foot', pretty nice root system.

Comments (7)

• head_cutter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

As I found it.

• head_cutter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

In a junk pot for a while and better soil to allow it to fill out again then - back to work!

• head_cutter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not quite a month, update. Regular feeding has started an explosion of new growth. Time to chase it back very hard once again.

• asclepchris
    10 years ago

Would like to buy seeds from you of any caudiciform succulent you might come across. Looking for Adenium, Pachypodium and Pelargonium. We could also trade

• head_cutter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To the poster above - Sorry but, even if I could send them out of the country they probably wouldn't make it out of quarantine in yours (USA?)

Chased things back a little this morning - may still take off one large branch which would make the design much better. Thinking about it...

• frozenlarch
    10 years ago

The nebari on that 15 dollar tree tells the whole story. My eyes can't help but be drawn to it.

Great find!

• head_cutter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Last big cut, time to let it grow in again. Yep FL, the nebari as well as the movement caught my eye on the street. All I had to do was spread the roots a little and re-set it then go to work. Should be decent looking in about a year =)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH