Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprngrboy_gw

Bonsai Wisteria

sprngrboy
9 years ago

This is my White Wisteria recently transferred to a large Bonsai pot. It is about 35 years old. Does anyone know how to correct the position of this pic?

This post was edited by sprngrboy on Fri, May 23, 14 at 0:46

Comments (16)

• dethcheez
    9 years ago

Here You Go...

• sprngrboy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks I was getting dizzy looking at it! LOL!, I now have moss started on this bonsai. Misting daily and hoping it takes.

• sprngrboy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I bought this bonsai Boxwood last fall. It is over 35 yr. old I have since defined more pads.

This post was edited by sprngrboy on Fri, May 30, 14 at 23:05

• sprngrboy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey dethcheez, can you fix this one also and tell be how you did it? :)

• sprngrboy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My Ginseng Bonsai, indoors.

• Dallis C
    9 years ago

hey sprngrboy, I saw your wisteria and it looks beautiful. I was actually wondering if you would be interested in selling it? I love collecting bonsais, especially wisterias and i love your tree. Please contact me back via email at dallischurch@rocketmail.com

• moochinka
    9 years ago

I'm going to put in a thing here FYI, no other reason, as this is a bonsai forum and presumably people want to learn about bonsai. Don't shoot the messenger!

Moss is not considered to be desirable on traditional bonsai, will never be seen on trees in shows, etc... it might look attractive (and I don't necessarily disagree) on some trees sometimes, but actually encouraging it on your tree would not be a good bonsai technique.

If you want to grow moss on your trees, go right ahead, just a tip FYI.

This post was edited by moochinka on Wed, Oct 8, 14 at 17:31

• cadillactaste
    9 years ago

LOVE THE BASE ON YOUR WISTERIA! I myself have a wisteria but I don't believe it is as big of a base.

Bonsaimaster1 why does it not surprise me your asking to buy this ones tree.

• josephene_gw
    9 years ago

WOW...
    Makes me want to try a bonsai.
    Does it bloom?
    Seeds?

• moochinka
    9 years ago

You can get a wisteria shrub (avoiding lengthy and potentially problematic seed growing) at any nursery anywhere in the U.S., though this is not the time of year you want to do that... wait til spring, all the trees are dormant and leafless now, not to mention very cold.

And Btw, this is not a 'for sale' site, but a sharing and learning one for enthusiasts.

This post was edited by moochinka on Fri, Oct 10, 14 at 6:43

• moochinka
    9 years ago

Why can't you delete your own duplicates on this site?!!

This post was edited by moochinka on Fri, Oct 10, 14 at 6:41

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Moochinka is right about moss...typically it is only added for showing / display, and grown separately the remainder of the year. When moss overgrows the potting mix, it tends to hold excess moisture, which can cause problems for the roots. I have a small container growing only moss, and so I let that be my moss bonsai :-)

As for Wisteria....I saw some decent plants in bloom at the Sacramento bonsai show....but the lighting was poor and my pics not very good.

Josh

9 years ago

Another....this one has loads of moss on the potting mix....

9 years ago

Another....cool pot and wooden display, but terrible location in the building!

9 years ago

Best bloomer of the bunch....thickest trunk...least attractive pot.
    Also with quite a bit of moss on the surface of the mix.

• cadillactaste
    9 years ago

Awesome eye candy! Thanks for all the photos...and thanks moochinka for pointing out this was not a "for sale" site. Though I wasn't sure about if one asked in the title..."looking for" that would go over far more readily acceptable at least by me... than the email I received saying they had seen my tree for sale...when...it's NEVER been listed as such. Asking to buy it...Then...seeing the poster was also being asked if they would sell theirs.

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living