Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Azalea bonsai don't bloom?? Help an Egyptian

Posted by Colyz93 Cairo (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 14 at 23:36

i got a bonsai this week and it don't have any flowers the man who sold me it said that it had flowers but it don't now the flowers are closed ar died closed cant find flower opened except some old dead between branches i guess old from last time ,, if anyone can help me
Moss are turning yellow and some leaves turning yellow and brown
some soil was removed before i but it from bat watering i guess and i had put some tiny rocks and peat moss!!
it had some red spiders, insects and worms on it but i dueled with them well they gone now
how long should blooming last??
how can i fix the blooming thing??
how can i save the moss??
how can i make the soil more acidic for Azalea and Moss without harming them??
help please

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

This post was edited by Colyz93 on Sun, May 25, 14 at 23:38

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Azalea bonsai don't bloom?? Help an Egyptian

Azaleas are acid loving plants. Peat moss should be used in the soil mix and they don't like to dry out. They are seasonal bloomers and there are varieties that like sun but their flowers are larger. Most others are shade lovers. Good luck.

o
RE: Azalea bonsai don't bloom?? Help an Egyptian

I must applaud your dueling victory with the red spiders, insects, and worms! Haha.
This might be obvious, but I just want to make sure your not one of those people who think bonsai is an indoor accessory. In other words, keep it outside. Some azaleas are late bloomers, while others may have bloomed already. I can't give you much advice otherwise, as you live on the other side of the planet as me. Also, I am not an expert.
Good luck, friend!!

Mikey Lee G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here