Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can we save my bonsai tree?

Posted by Brittydagal none (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 13:10

My bonsai tree was doing GREAT (it is a flowering mount fuji serissa/serissa foetida) but I went on vacation for a week and I thought it would be okay outside, since it had been raining frequently and seemed happy but I guess it barely rained because it lookes like it is shriveled and dead. I picked at the leaves a little and although they are shriveled they won't just fall off at touch, so I think there is still a bit of life left in them even though it looks like if I don't take the right measures they will. I need help figuring out what to do now! I watered the plant right away and put it back outside so it can do photosynthesis and maybe make new growth but I need advice on how to help it. Maybe it needs to be in shade to recoop? Maybe I need to immerse it? I'm a beginner so I'm very scared to do something on my own without asking advice and making sure I do it right. Can you help advise me on how to save my plant? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can we save my bonsai tree?

In case you did not find an answer yet, there is a link below that I found regarding health conditions and proper care for your tree.
"Unhappy serissa bonsai trees shed their leaves," so this technically means your tree isn't completely unhappy, if it hasn't let go of its leaves yet. Keep it out of DIRECT sunlight, and not too much water. Having it indoors by a window might also be a good idea, so that it can recover in a stabilized environment (despite it being a good outdoor tree). Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Serissa Bonsai Trees

o

its not shedding its leaves though, they are just wilting and hanging on. It also seems like the bark has cracked and the insides look white- are they supposed to be green??

o

Pretty sure your tree died when left to its own devices outside (I don't know if you're brave or just very optimistic, but serissa is not a tree I'd play Russian roulette with like that). If you can get another one, do whatever you were doing prior to going away and if necessary, leave it with a bonsai nursery when gone, or at least someone you really trust to follow explicit directions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here