Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
desert rose blooms

Posted by dickjohn1 none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 19:15

I have two desert roses. Both have leaves, but only one blooms. The blooms will develop, but die when they begin to open.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: desert rose blooms

Is it getting as much light as the first one? Without more info on its living conditions how can we advise you at all?

o

Both are sitting side by side outside and received perhaps 9 hours of son, 4 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. I try not to over water them, and generally water every other day until the water drains from the soil. I have the two planted in bonsai pots.

o

Genetics? Don't mean to be flip or anything, but sometimes there is no other answer... is the soil mix the same for both? Is one pot black (and possibly unshaded for what might be too-hot sun) and the other lighter colored? Have you checked for e.g. spider mites?

o

Thanks for responses.
Dick

o

Sometimes mine do this after it rains.. I have a lot of adeniums. You do have yours in a fast draining mix? Fertilizing?

Seems like the only bud drop I get sometimes is due to to much water... Mother Nature... ;-)

Good luck!!!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here