Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fun_gi

Help identifying tree and removal from 'wild'.

fun-gi
12 years ago

Hello,

I have found a tree that I would like to relocate to a container. I haven't had any luck identifying it for sure yet, so if anyone can help with that I would appreciate it.

As far as its location, I live in an apartment complex with a large pond and small play area. The tree is growing under a plastic yellow slide that light is able to penetrate. The playground is covered with gravel, but it isn't very deep under the slide. The dirt under that is dark gray, and due to the lack of rain here in San Antonio, is very dry and hard.

My goal would be to remove the tree, plant it in a container, get it healthy, and go from there hopefully to an acceptable bonsai.

I am not expecting an award winning example or even an ooh and aah example from this tree. I am good with houseplants in general, and would find it a very rewarding experience just to successfully transplant this hidden beautiful little tree. If it becomes my first bonsai, then that would be a bonus.

So knowing I am in San Antonio, I am willing to wait for the best time of year, and hopefully being able to id the tree what would the experts advise?

Thank you all in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: tree under slide

Sponsored