Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atmosphere_gw

I got my first tree not long ago and I have some questions (pictu

Atmosphere
11 years ago

Hello

http://imgur.com/a/gzbIY#WcPnR

This is my juniper procumbens nana that I picked up from the nursery about four weeks ago, I've read dozens of articles about the species and bonsai in general.

I've also joined a couple of bonsai forums where I seem to be receiving conflicting advice about watering. Some people say that I should be watering twice a day because of the summer, and others say that I should prevent over watering to avoid root rot. I've also read conflicting ideas about misting. Some say that misting is encouraged to allow the tree to absorb water into the roots, however others say that this will cause an issue regarding salt?

Currently I water only when the soil appears semi-dry which is usually every 2 or 3 days despite the scorching Southern California summer. I do mist the foliage daily however.

Also, some needles have developed these small brownish circles and it seems to me like some branches are losing color, any idea what it could be? or am I just being paranoid?

I plan on pruning in the autumn perhaps early winter when the tree is dormant. I hope to propagate the cuttings too! Given the shape I believe the tree has great potential for a cascade style, so im excited!

Anyways, any help and advice is sincerely welcomed! thanks in advance! :D

Sponsored