Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monicaly_gw

Can I save my Juniper Bonsai?

Monicaly
9 years ago

I bought my juniper bonsai around Christmas time, and I didn't realize it had spider mites. The infestation got pretty bad, and there were cobwebs growing on the plant. I got an insecticide, and I think I got rid of the mites, but I'm not sure. There were no more cobwebs, but the tree hasn't really bounced back. I haven't treated it for mites in a few months, but maybe they are still there? I am not sure how to tell. It still looks dead in many places, but seems to have 2 fairly healthy branches. The picture I included makes it look a little healthier than it actually is. The leaves are slightly less green in real life.
It was 10 years old when I got it, and I've had it for about 6 months. I water it every other day by pouring water on the soil. The pot sits on a tray, and I used to let the water run into the tray and leave it there, but now I dump the water out immediately. Maybe there is a problem with root rot? It sits on the coffee table in my living room, and gets indirect sunlight there.
Is there anything I can do to save this tree? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County