Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amychan331_gw

Worm and other bugs in new bonsai. Am I doing this correctly?

amychan331
9 years ago

Today is the third day that I got my new bonsai, but it is also the second day that I caught a second worm. *Shivers*
This is the second times I brought a bonsai. The last one got devastated by thrips in about 5 days. This time I am determinate not to lose the battle again. I was really careful with my inspection, and I am armed soapy water and mosquito dunks.
Alas, there was a green worm crawling on the leaves the first day. Then another today TRYING TO GET IN THE BUD today. I freaked out and promptly cut them in half with my pruner before manically squished with tissue paper - as indoor gardener that generally grow from seed, worm is something I haven't dealt with yet. Frankly, they give me the shiver.
I already watered the soil with mosquito dunks the first day I got (I saw two fungal gnats), but if the worms are above soil and possibility in the buds... what can I do? What type of worm attacks bonsai buds, anyway?
By way, I also notice some webbing that stuck a bud and leaves together today. It is strong and I can't seem to get it apart, so I chopped the part off to prevent spreading and thoroughly spray and cotton swab the plant. It sounds like spider mites, right?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting