Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stimyg_gw

Did I kill my beloved plant?

stimyg
16 years ago

I have a small plant which I keep in my windowsill, indoors. I believe it's a Myrtle. I've had it for three years (a gift from my girlfriend, recently fiance), and - while I'm a complete non-gardener - have done my best to care for it, water, prune, etc.

We went away for my brother's wedding recently, and when we got back the plant's leaves were all withered. All of them. I'm guessing my fiance left the windows closed, and the plant baked in the sun while we were gone (something I've done to plants in my distant past).

She watered the plant for a few days (I was still out of town), but its been about a week since her/our return, and the leaves seem equally withered, with no sign of coming back.

Is there any hope for this plant at all? Is it possible that there's still life left somewhere in the plant, even if the leaves are dead? (I hold out some hope, in that the Myrtle seems to drop 95% of its leaves every spring, so maybe there could be something still living inside even now?)

Is there anything I should or should not be doing in helping to bring the plant back to life? I've loved this plant these three years, it's like a cherished pet at this point, and I'm a bit crushed to see it go.

Please let me know if you think there's anything I can do at this point...

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Comments (3)

Sponsored