Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help please new takashima bonsai dying? (pics)

Posted by bau250 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 15:00

Hell all,

I have a TAKASHIMA BONSAI and it was doing great for about a month after I purchased it.

It went from GREEN to crispy GREEN leaves overnight about 2 weeks back. The only thing I can think of is maybe I fed it too much fertilizer?

It gets around 12-14 hours a day of sunlight, never direct sunlight except MAYBE early morning for a little while. Other than that, always in shade. Water it once a day until water comes out of bottom into humidity tray. When I can, I will leave it outside on the nice days in shade to get fresh air. I BABY this plant!

Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help please new takashima bonsai dying? (pics)

One more close up picture

o

trunk

o

what type of soil is it in? is it just lave rocks? if so then you may have really burned it with the fertilizer - they dont need much. It looks like those upper roots are really dry - also sometimes water can run right through if it is all rock and never get enough root saturation

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here