Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jameya

Please help me with my bonzi...

jameya
9 years ago

Hello all,
I went into a big box store and right when you walk in they had a lot of plants. I started digging around looking through them and on a bottom shelf all the way in the back in the dark there was this pretty bonzi. I fell in love with it and brought it home. Ive had it now about a month. The tag didnt say anything other then bonzi and to feed every 2 weeks with an all purpose plant food. I am new to plants and love them and want to learn so ive bought quite a few indoor and outdoor plants this past spring and summer.

Here is some info on what i have been doing:
I keep it in the kitchen on a shelf over the facuet. There are no curtains, or blinds or anything on any of the windows there. The bonzi sits in the west facing window. On the outside of that window on the outside of the house there is an awning like thing over the top of the window. Also there are 2 windows facing south less then a foot from that window, so its getting sun from all 3 windows. My house doesnt have air in it, just in a bedroom far away, so its warm and humid in my house. I have no repotted it, or done anything to it other then put a bit of water in 2 times in that month. I used bottle water both times. And one of those times i added drops of shultz fertlizier.

The issues i am having, when i brought it home, there were some stems that didnt have leaves so i cut them off. Then i noticed that anytime i move or bump the shelf its on, its loosing its leaves. It also has rocks and moss on top of the soil it came in and ive been reading that those rocks should not be there...should i remove them and the moss as well?? Should i replant the whole bonzi into another pot?? Today when i moved the plant to take a couple pictures of it, i noticed there was a tiny fast moving something on it. It was about the size of a nat, but moved so quick i couldnt get it or even see it, it looked like it ran into the soil where the bonzi is planted. Do bonzi's get bugs like spider mites or whatever it could be maybe from the other plants it was crowded with??
Also, i was thinking maybe i should take it outside for the summer. I have a bench in full sun that i have planters of basil and sage on and those two are doing great out there, so im wondering if maybe i should sit it out there with those until the fall and then worry when i bring it back in??
As you can tell i am not sure what i need to do, but im worried with it loosing leaves that if i wait to ask for help much longer, it will be so far gone i cant save it.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz