Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
head_cutter

Qualifications...

head_cutter
15 years ago

For those that don't know or remember me...this is what I've started in Viet Nam...

My Facebook page is Bob Johnston, country Viet Nam, city Tuy Hoa. If you got to Facebook or use it it's simple, i'll try to post a link.

There is an album on the page for my trees. Yes, the root-over-rock Ficus is growing in water, not a drop of soil in that pot. It's almost 40cm high and over 45 long, I have to

cut hard about every 2-3 weeks. The Jasmine (big one) has only been started for a few weeks, the new growth is hard to believe. One pic shows how it came home on my moto, a shrub. The verigated Ficus has had me looking for a month, finally put out the 200.000VND for it this Wednesday. In it's former life it was an upright, then it met me...OOPS!

The last pics show it after 3 beers and a major foliage reduction...about 10 lbs of wire too...should make a very nice cascade in a year or two. The pot is about 20cm high and the tree is right around 25cm across, 40cm long to the bottom of the last branch.

Yes, it's inside for a week resting, my house is standard Vn style, open windows and full airflow. Some of the branches were turned totally upside down to get the right position after wiring and setting...the leaves are turning up to the light again today.

LOL, soil mix is standard for here, 60% cow manure (aged) and 40% coarse sand. It drains very well and the plant seems happy as a pig in ________.

The nice stand is a 'chair' for here, a whopping $1.50 investment, got a ton of them for parties at my house.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County