Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ftuiting bonsai

Posted by red_sea_me CA9b (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 29, 06 at 19:08

I was curious what type of fruiting bonsai people are growing? Do they flower or fruit for you?
I have:
Natal plum w/flowers (no fruit yet)
American plum w/nada
Fig w/nada
Almond tree w/nada (still very young)
Chaste Tree w/nada
My next ones to get
Jaboticaba and Pitomba
cheers,
-Ethan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ftuiting bonsai

Hi, yes small sized fruit is best as large ones won't reduce, but many won't grow fruit til they're a few yrs old, and they all need a lot of sun to do it in (but you seem to be in a great location for that). What is w/nada? Do you mean 'nana' as in small? And what is Pitomba?

o
RE: fruiting bonsai

Hey Lucy,
sorry, w/nada=with no flowers or fruit yet. A Pitomba is a tropical fruit tree, w/small yellow fruits. Many websites (tradewindsfruit) have references to them, though the trees seem hard to come by. They and the Jaboticaba are very slow growers making (seem) excellent for bonsai.
cheers,
-Ethan

o

Nada as in '0' with (w/) nada

o

check out my exchange on this form. I have some calamondin oranges Im looking to trade. I have had the tree for about a year and Im having a bumber crop even after I trimed about 3/4 of the flowers off. The only problem with this tree is it has large leaves. My tree is pre bonsai and Im still deciding if im going to go as far as the bonsai pot, either way Im going to shape it.
I have a promgranet I picked up at walmart for $5 and its flowering, dont know if Ill get fruit thou.

o

Hello ,
Read that someone might have yellow Jaboticaba seed and wonder If you would consider parting with a few seeds
Ursula
culejools@yahoo.ca

o

Brazilian rain tree (flowering)
Bougainvillea (Flowering)
Serissa (Flowering)
Emperor Dwarf Pomegranate (Flowering and fruiting)

Apple (flowering/ don't allow to fruit)
Japanese Quince (flowering/ don't allow to fruit)
Lilac (Flowering)
Azalea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here