Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
websites or places for buying bonsai trees

Posted by boulou3 zone 10 south FL (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 20:32

Does anyone know any websites that I can buy I nice bonsai tree that ships, preferably a website with plenty of varieties to chose from, if not does anyone know any stores in south Florida that sell bonsai trees? Any help would be greatly appreciated please and thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: websites or places for buying bonsai trees

You know, you can just go to your local nursery, get some young (or not so young) trees and DIY, which is way more meaningful, educational and interesting than buying someone else's already half done (or mostly, if they're already old) trees, plus it's much less expensive. And you can find appropriate pots somewhere along the way.

Another thing to think about is that buying trees online means you don't get to examine them in any real way - can't see what's on the far side, can't really check out the root structure on top, or know if there are insects around... or to put it another way, would you want to buy a new pet like that, or other types of artwork?

This post was edited by moochinka on Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 6:21

o

agree with moonchinka, check out your local proprietors. I would think in s fl there would be many within a reasonable distance, with much variety.

o

I drive by Bonsai West every day and I believe they have a great reputation. I have never been in and know nothing about Bonsai but you can poke around their site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonsai West

o

I would consider joining your local bonsai club and seeing where they would suggest. Perhaps a member might sell you one, or better yet, a pre-bonsai from their collection at a reasonable price, and help you start your own.

This post was edited by spaceman13 on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 13:07

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here