Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How would one correctly use a green bonsai pot?

Posted by gardener_guy 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 1:07

To me, most green pots are hard to work with just because of their color. Most pots that are green are (dark olive green) that's the best I can describe. Most color pairs(tree and pot) will clash, yes? How can this be overcome?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How would one correctly use a green bonsai pot?

Hmmmmm...right off the top of my head...

Don't buy a green pot??

o
RE: How would one correctly use a green bonsai pot?

Either find a tree that's a definitively different green (much lighter, with no blue in the green), or one that matches very well when leaves have matured (usually lighter color when juvenile), or ... buy a pot to match a tree instead of the other way around. You could use it for suiseki - a really terrific rock on gravel - no tree at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here