Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bonsai nurseries NY, LI

Posted by hookilau long island NY (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 8:38

OK, I've had my fill of looking at nursery stock => I'd like to visit a bonsai nursery but it doesn't seem any of the places I can find online in my area are brick & mortar businesses, just online sales.

Anyone know of a nursery I can visit to look at stuff?...I don't want to necessarily speak to anyone, just look & consider (if that makes any sense, lol) I'm in Long Island & would rather not go into the city, but will if I have to.

Antoinette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bonsai nurseries NY, LI

Hookilau,

Hope you came through the hurricane with every thing in tact. Our prayers are with y'all here from in New Orleans. We understand the difficulties and the perseverance it takes to move forward. This nursery may be worth the trip.

http://blog.ctnews.com/healthyhome/2011/07/21/bonsai-artist-has-soul-for-the-task/

Just to study the uplifting works of bonsai art. Aloha

o

thanks lehua :) for the link & kind thoughts.

We only just got power back about an hour ago. Our home is a wee bit inland, so we were spared flooding but not the rest of the fresh hell that comes with the partial breakdown of society :/ New Yorkers can be rough around the edges when things are going WELL, so it's been particularly difficult.

It could've been much worse for us as far as loss, so we're thankful & try not to whine in public, lol. Let's put it this way, I'll never underestimate the value of a hot cup of morning coffee again!

Antoinette

o

IF...they are still in business....try: "Jiu San Bonsai", 1243 Mellville Rd., Farmingdale off Route 110.

Also, Shanti Bithi in Stamford, Conn...off the Merritt Pkwy...but, it might be a schlep for you. Come across the Whitestone Bridge, and go straight up the Hutch, which becomes the Merritt. Exit 37, make a left and follow Route 137 for a few miles. Bonsai Nursery on the right. About 30-40 minutes away from Whitestone Bridge...and a nice drive. Call first...reduced winter hours.

Happy shopping.

Frank

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here