Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
juniper Bonsai problem

Posted by SandyCharles none (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 10:16

My Juniper has been outdoors all summer. The lower branches are fading in color and fullness, although the upper ones are green and fluffy. I have been watering it daily, and the drain hole is open and clear.Should I remove the thick moss on top of the Bonsai soil to let it dry out? Someone told me to "never let your moss get dry."

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: juniper Bonsai problem

SC,

Moss should be removed until you are in the presentation mode. General care should be concerned with providing good drainage soil and making sure the soil is not too moist all the time. When you water does water come out the bottom hole? Do you use a gritty soil mixture that allows water (and air) to move through the soil quickly? Once in a while a container needs a good flushing to remove salts at accumulate in a container plant. Fertilize infrequently with diluted fertilizer amounts. There are many other comments if more info is provided. JMHO Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here