Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
finn_cheese

I Know... Starting Bonsai...

finn.cheese
16 years ago

Hi I'm New To this and I've check most of the other post relating to this but... still not sure.

I'm thinking of making a bonsai (Of Corse) and i was wondering about a few things.

Namely the most important factor is the tools used to care for bonsai like the brushes and shears. I was wondering if there's places to get them cheap cause at the moment ebay isn't showing any signs of cheap tools but thats understandable due to the quality of the tools i guess... anyway... so yeah... places to get bonsai care tools cheap. Oh and i almost 4got, i dont think there are any bonsai stores in my town.

second question i'm starting off with one cutting from a mulberry tree (Black/Red) and also 4 seeds from some random 2 year old tree bout a metre and 30 centimetres and i'm also planning on planting lots of gum tree seeds from the kind that sheds its bark (not sure wat its called though) and i have considered the fact these plants won't be ready 4 several years so i'm going to the nursery tomorrow to look around and anyway i'm moving away from the original subject but the question is: what kind of tree would be best for some1 who is slightly impatient and wants it to look like a cascade or formal upright by just be4 5 weeks is up . ok obviously this is close to impossible since i'm starting out but i understand a lot and have read a few books and entire website that have to do with bonsai all about how to grow, care, shape and protect. so lets just pretend i'm that great that i could acomplish that feat in 5 weeks or less what kind of tree (not to specific) should i get if it was round about 4 or 5 years of age?

~Finn.Cheese~

Comments (8)

Sponsored