Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moyogijohn

head cutter vietnam

moyogijohn
13 years ago

WHERE IS BOB????Haven,t heard from him in a while..hope every thing is ok...thanks john

Comments (10)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Yeah...What about Bob??? ;)

Josh

• larke
    13 years ago

Isn't he getting married? That takes time, and so does a honeymoon.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

A little ol' Wedding is hardly an excuse.... ;)

Josh

• head_cutter
    13 years ago

Still here...the wedding was last March, paperwork took 3 months.

I will be around more. We've had a wetter than usual monsoon season, most of the central part of the country has been constantly flooded. Imagine getting 26" of rain in a 24 hour period...we got that for almost two solid weeks.

Got hit by one small typhoon here last month. With all the wind and rain not only is power spotty but also internet connection -- that stuff you guys take for grantid ha ha.
    With all of the moisture everything in the house is wet, laundry doesn't dry and things electric get wet and stop working.

After over 4 years of being near the sea then this very wet rainy season, my pc became a lump of corosion and had to be rebuilt...twice.

With all of this I also decided to open a small cafe serving only western food, the only one in this province.

Although I've been pruing a lot I haven't had to water a tree in about 2 months.

Bob

• moyogijohn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

HELLO BOB,,Good to hear from you and sorry about the set backs.. i know the weather and am not suprised you haven,t had to water!!!! Glad every thing is almost o.k. post when you can you know it is almost winter here so we need GREEN...Take care you and your wife..thanks john

• sfhellwig
    13 years ago

That's it. He figured it out. First move to a country with such different costs/materials/way of life, then serve them cheap American classics from your kitchen. Not saying there would be anything "greasy spoon" about your establishment but that's what ends up on the TV shows. In California people flock to ethnic neighborhoods to catch the "soup lady" with her daily authentic oriental soups. In Vietnam everyone will seek out the Headcutter cafe for a grilled cheese or a bowl of chili. You could make yourself a star on the map for a Westerner's bonsai tour of Vietnam.

Glad all is well. Would love to see some pictures. I think many of us were very interested in how that giant water jasmine would look after a little growth.

• head_cutter
    13 years ago

Well the big water jasmine, as well as a medium sized one, died last spring. While I was in Saigon for over a week the weather turned brutally hot here, the woman who was watering the trees stayed with her 'every 3 day schedule' even though things were wilting.
    I had told her 'every third day unless it gets hotter'
    also 'you can't overwater the trees'

All she heard was 'every third day' -- she was afraid to water too much.

So...there's now a large windswept ficus in that pot.

• moyogijohn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK,BOB,,NOW that you are back,,,send pictures to us who are freezing 12 degrees now..want some snow??? take care john

• moyogijohn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

BOB HOPE THINGS ARE GOOD WITH THE TWO OF YOU...WE NEED A CHRISTMAS POST FROM YOU NOW,,A GOOD NAM TREE.LOOKING FOR 8 INCHES OF SNOW AGAIN!! TAKE CARE JOHN

• moyogijohn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

BOB Still have not seen a new tree!! how is your resturant working out??? hope every thing is ok...take care john

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus