Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone board out of their mind?

Posted by bill_ftmyers_fl zone10 SW Florida (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 28, 06 at 23:23

Im in Florida and my plants slowed down so much I cant do much with them, I could not imagine being somewhere it snows and the plants go completely dormant.
Im trying to find a hobby, but cant, so I keep reading about bonsai.
Im sure most of the experienced people have lived though this, what can I do to pass the winter by? None of my tools need sharpened. I made a pot out of concrete, but that was too messy. Im kind of lost with out the plants growing.
I cut way back on the watering, giving me more time away. I drew a picture of a bonsai tree, but Im horrible at drawing and didnt enjoy it that much.
Im thinking of getting a grow light and bring one of the plants inside. A ficus or pomgranet, something like that.
I came across a book, bonsai herbs or something on those lines. Its says if you bonsai thyme, rosemary or basal, you can get a full size bonsai in less than a year. Might be worthwhile to pass the time by waiting and get in some practice for a newbee, right?
Maybe this is where I learn patience.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone board out of their mind?

Why not design a (fantasy - sky's the limit) bonsai garden set-up, complete with monkey poles, lanterns, infinite shelving of every kind, etc. etc. and then let us see it?

o
RE: Anyone board out of their mind?

or get some polymer clay and make some decorations........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here