Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeniakiller

PLEASE help me save my gardenia!!!

gardeniakiller
15 years ago

Hello! I'm desperate here. I am NOT a gardener - I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just a freshman in college and I received a bonsai gardenia plant in the mail for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I think I killed it already, and I feel terrible. Please let me know if there is any way I can save it. Before going home for Thanksgiving break, I put it in a bowl of water because the instructions said to let it soak up water through the hole in the bottom of the pot rather than pouring water on top. I'm not supposed to leave it in the water for more than 20 minutes. Naturally, in my haste to pack and catch my flight, I left it in the bowl of water. I live in a single, so I had no roommates or anybody to call to take my plant out of the water when I realized what I'd done. I couldn't do anything but wait. I just got back tonight and I immediately took it out of the water. It was sitting in the water from about noon on Wednesday to almost midnight on Monday evening. The two blooms that were on it are all shrivelled up, naturally, and the one bud that seemed like it was about to bloom has fallen off. I'm actually impressed that most of the leaves are still green and looking pretty good, but like I said, I have no idea what I'm talking about here, so maybe they're dying and I just can't tell. There are a few leaves that are partly yellow, which I'm sure isn't good. Anyway, is there anything I can do to help save my plant? I obviously won't water it for several days. Should I pull off the yellow leaves or the dead flowers or anything? Is it already dead? How do I tell? If the plant dies now, is there a way to resuscitate it later on by saving part of it or something? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!! I feel SO bad!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County