Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonsairocks

sargetia theezans feeding advice tree growing too fast!

bonsairocks
10 years ago

I was wondering if you could please help me. I have three bonsai a sargetia theezaans, a fukien tea tree, (indoors) and a juniper (outdoors).

I really need some advice on feeding! (I know its winter so feedings reduced/stopped).

The problem I have with the bonsai esp the sargetia is their growing far too well! I use the chyrsal bonsai feed on the trees but find that the shoots grow far too fast and long term its damaging the tree removing so many shoots/cutting. The tree has also never flowered or produced berries, I think perhaps as i'm constantly removing new growth and maybe need higher levels of feed.

Really stuck on feeding! I've tried to do research but I am getting very confused. I understand now I need a low nitrogen feed.

Which low nitrogen feed would you recommend? (ideally not a every time you water one!).
How often/how much do you use?
Should I use the normal liquid feed in spring time and then start using a low nitrogen one from may onwards?

Any advice would be very grateful as I am very confused! The trees are indoors so odourless feeds recommended would be great thank u!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County