Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Juniper Bonsai

Posted by bnj74 Ca. (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 4, 08 at 12:57

I wrote to you earlyer about my Juniper Bonsai of 10 years was doing great untill we went on vacation and someone turned off the water. Some of the tree is alive and I ask you if I should cut off the dead branches and you said to wait until December. There is some new groth starting now and I was wondering if I should cut off the dead branches now or still hold off for awile.

William

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Juniper Bonsai

Wrote to you about my Juniper Bonsai that was not watered while we were on vacation and you said to wait until December to cut off any dead branches. I have some new growth coming on some of the branche. should I cut off the dead ones now or wait awhile.

BNJ74

o
RE: Juniper Bonsai

If you're 100% sure they're dead, they're dead and it won't matter. But no one's stopping you from waiting til spring - you can work on junipers even in May.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here