Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mama, mama, the shohin are coming!

Posted by shohinken zone 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 17, 09 at 13:41

I posted this earlier but don't see the posting anywhere.
Here is a pic of a Shohin Fukien Tea about 5 1/2" tall.
The octagonal pot is in a 3 1/2" by 2". It is over potted and the roots are buried. I over potted it to get some more branching and the the tree complied. I have about 100 potted plants. I am limited by the amount of space so that is why I grow the shohin size.

Shohinken

Here is a link that might be useful: Shohin fukien Tea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mama, mama, the shohin are coming!

That is awesome!
Thanks for sharing the picture.
Great thick trunk...

Josh

o

Great little FT, I have it's big brother. I can't keep smaller ones and favor larger Bonsai anyway, I'm away too often and have to depend on friends to water my trees.

This is a little Water Jasmine I've been messing with for about 3 years, 5" pot, tree is about 7" tall. I like the tangled mass of root. Blooms with a compound purple flower.
Photobucket

Bob

o

I officially hate you! That is so delicious!

o

Ha ha...save your hate, I'll post a pic of it in bloom ;)) in the future then you can really hate me!!!

The tree gets loaned for parties and dinners to other expats here in town, the women just adore it to death. Cute little living centerpiece. Some have just begged for me give/sell it to them.

Bob

o

Here is a pic of same Fukien Tea in 2006 when it was a tea bag in training.

Shohinken

Here is a link that might be useful: Same Fukien Tea in 2006

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here