Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: 80 Zephyranthes drummondii seeds

Posted by west_texas_peg z7b TX (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 07 at 22:44

I realize this is the Bulb Forum but these seeds produce a bulb. My Zephyranthes drummondii have numerous seed pods this spring and I have many baby Z. drummondii in my flowerbeds. Would like to swap for other rain lilies or ??

Peggy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: 80 Zephyranthes drummondii seeds

I am looking for some rain lilies. I know that I live in the wrong planting zone for them, but I saw them growing in a container during a garden tour last year in Cincinnati and fell in love with them. I think that by brining the whole container in during the winter, they will survive our cold winters. What are you offering, when will they bloom, etc. I have some daffodil bulbs that are very beautiful called Salome. They are mid spring blooming with a pinkish orange cup. We could do an exchange. Just let me know.

o

I'm offering seeds of Zephyranthes drummondii. Were you looking for bulbs?

Peggy

o

Yes, I understand that you have the seeds. I am not familiar with how these seeds become bulbs. What is needed for them to mature into blooming bulbs, special conditions, etc.Tell me how long it takes to become a blooming bulb. Have you had success with these seeds? I will continue to pursue my quest to get some rain lilies.

o

I have planted several varieties of rain lily seeds and have baby plants...the plant forms a bulb as it matures. Some of my baby drummondii were planted 2 years ago...it takes time.

I have Z. citrina babies...look like the grass people grow to 'decorate' in their homes. Also have Pink and White rain lily babies. It is a slow method.

Have also planted amaryllis seeds with several new plants and recently planted canna seeds and have babies.

Peggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here