Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: 08 Yearly Bulb Swap Announcement

Posted by gardenpoppy 5 SE Michigan (gardenbabe@comcast.net) on
Sun, Jul 6, 08 at 16:58

Im writing today to invite you to join my yearly bulb swap.
Each year we get bigger and better as more learn about this fun event.
In addition to the bulb swap, we may incorporate themes into the swap. Maybe one year we will have seeds along with bulbs, or garden gloves, or a number of other extras.
Each year the swap is held between Sept.1st-Oct.15th.
Send your bulbs, rhizomes, tubers, corms, etc. between Sept. 1st and Oct. 15th along with a wish list of bulbs you would like to receive and postage in the amount of what it costs you to send your box. If you have no bulbs and want to participate, you can Paypal or snail mail $20 and I will purchase bulbs for you for the swap. Please Paypal/snailmail between Aug. 15th-Sept. 1st.
This makes a great mix, making it easy to personalize your box.
They make great gifts and secret pal gifts too.
The 07 bulb swap was great!!! At least 20 participants and over 120 different ty pes of bulbs were exchanged, making this the biggest bulb swap in the 5 years I have been hosting them.
Wont you join us?

I took a quick look at your list and the bulb swap looks like something I think you would enjoy. Popular items included in the plant swap are daylilies, asiatic lilies, voodoo lilies, iris, cannas, calla lilies and much more.
If you decide to join us, make sure you check out the database to get an idea of some of the things that participants want and have. Email me for more info. gardenbabe@comcast.net
Im inviting gardeners that are interested in bulbs, and participating in this fun event. Hope to see you there!
Theresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: 08 Yearly Bulb Swap Announcement

Keep me in the loop.
flysd@san.rr.com
San Diego
Duke.

o

I am interested in joining this exchange I don't have a lot of bulbs but will send $$ or what I do have keep me in the loop too..
Polly

o

Im interested. Can you send me more info. Thanks

o

i would be interested

o

Oh my this is not attracting much so I wanted to bump it, hope no one minds. I am super excited about this one!!!
I have told everyone I know about getting new bulbs...LOL
(They are probably getting annoyed with me..)

o

email sent to you. I am interested if not to late to sign up.
Sue

o

What is/was deadline to sign up?
also sending you email.
tks

o

hello everyone! I wanted to remind those that have not sent in their bulbs or bought their box that time is running out. Boxes need to arrive to me no later than Wed. Oct. 15
Theresa Wecker
241 S. Second St.
Marine City, MI
48039-1701
if you are buying a box, send to paypal gardenbabe@comcast.net
hope to see you there!
So far we have 19 participants!!

o

I'm afraid I'm too late to get a box to you for this year's deadline, but I would love to know more and would be very interested to look at your data base. There's always next year.

I'm actually a little confused about how a person's wish list relates to the box they send in and the amount of postage. Do they get a box back that costs the same amount to send as theirs did and that contains items from their wish list?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here