Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Red Garnet Dahlias; need Fall Bulbs

Posted by thaibasilpesto z9 Los Angeles (neverdrop11@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Nov 16, 05 at 20:51

I have a dozen clumps of a lovely Dahlia, "Red Garnet."
It's classified as a FD (formal decorative) with it's 4" red bloom in prolific numbers...it's November and they are still blooming on their 5 foot tall bushes. Each of the clumps will easily yield ten new plants after division.

I'm planting an exhibition garden at the local High School for next season and my budget doesn't kick in 'til February...long after I should have gotten my tulips, daffodils and narcissus in the ground. You can help.
I'm open to any and all fall bulbs as my 5000 foot plot is a blank slate.

I also have many border/2 foot fd dahlia plants in a range of colors as well as mums, cosmos, amaranth, philodendrons, feverfew, shasta daisies and physostygias (purple). I'm in Los Angeles, the Valley to be exact, and am looking for a few "big" trades. If you have surplus bulbs (an oxymoron) I can also trade a huge variety of seeds...really huge.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Red Garnet Dahlias; need Fall Bulbs

Bought too many daffodils and with 3 kids don't have time to plant them all. looking for a good home for about 40 of them.

Where you the one to conact me about the big pink dahlias? Sorry they are now gone but I have TONS of red cannas...

o

I have daffodils and tulips. I would like to try dahlias next summer.
I have dutchmaster, yellow, large trumpet daffodils and assorted pink and purple tulips. I also have a mixed assortment of tulips-unknown colors-just marked Easter basket. I figure that they are pastel Triumph tulips. I have had them in cold storage for forcing since late October/early December. They are not yet potted of course.
I'm in zone 5b/4a in Illinois.
Please contact me. Thanks. djrowell@insightbb.com
Jeanne

o

do you have any more dahlias, I have lots of tulips

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here