Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help Identifying these Bulbs

Posted by genielady 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 28, 10 at 13:23

It has been so nice down here in Bainbridge, GA this week, that I have started redoing my front flowerbed. I dug up some bulbs that I thought were Amarylis, but they are not. I remember now finding some of these when we first moved here in 2001, and just threw them away because all I ever saw was green limp foliage coming from these bulbs, never flowers. But they were stuck in under some bushes, so maybe they do flower, but just didn't because of lack of sunlight.

Can any of you help me figure out what this is? It has no smell, so I ruled out onions and garlic. Of course, I could be wrong. :-) It happens sometimes.
http://oktibbehamsgenealogy.org/bulbs/DSCN0296.JPG
http://oktibbehamsgenealogy.org/bulbs/DSCN0298.JPG

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help Identifying these Bulbs

here's a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o
another link

to the second photo

Here is a link that might be useful: link to 2nd photo

o
forgot to say

forgot to say...
you might post on the Southern Gardening Forum, too;

If they survived for a long time unattended, & even managed to make all those offsets, I bet they thrive in your area & lots of gardeners will recognize them.

Best luck!

o
RE: Need Help Identifying these Bulbs

Sylvia,

Thank you. I will try that. I haven't been working outside for a week or so. We actually had SNOW here on the Georgia-Florida line yesterday. Amazing! I thought I had moved far enough south that I was away from the possibility of snow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here