Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jqpublic_gw

Your Spring 2008 Bulb's Photo Gallery...(add your pics too!)

jqpublic
16 years ago

Here are mine. The bulbs are blooming here...took some pics. The hyacinth are much more beautiful in person. The clump on the left are a dark pink, the ones in the middle are a hot pink w/ dark red stems, the two on the right and far right are white. They are all fragrant. Also have some white narcissus w/ yellow and orange cups. Sedum autumn joy, dutch iris, a little lupine seedling that volunteered itself, and some crocus. Oh yeh and a hydrangea bush! I know everything is not a bulb, but I thought I'd let you know what they were anyway. Enjoy and please add your spring pics as well :)

{{gwi:2471}}

{{gwi:2472}}

{{gwi:2473}}

Comments (24)

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    16 years ago

Beautiful display. Spring Bulbs are one of my Obsessions.

It looks as if not many people visit the Gallery here. I just realized I responded to a post from more than a year ago. You might want to post something on the Discussion pages to direct people here.

Here's a link to my daffodils:
    {{gwi:2474}}Daffodils Dazzle
    Click on the photo to see the album.

I'm still working on the hyacinths. There are more daffodils yet to bloom as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Hyacinths

• jqpublic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That is a good idea. I just may do that. Thanks :)

• zubababy
    16 years ago

i don't have much up right now, but these are what has shown so far.
    iris dwarf ret. 'harmony'
    {{gwi:2475}}
    eranthis cilicica - winter aconite
    {{gwi:2476}}
    chionodoxa luciliae - glory of the snow 'pink giant'
    {{gwi:2477}}

....waiting for my tulips and daffodils

• MissMyGardens
    16 years ago

All I've got blooming so far are some crocus and a few of the dwarf Iris. Dwarf iris are little beauties.

LOTS of greenery for daffs, narcissus and tulips of various bloom times. Not even "very early" Pushkinia blooming yet. Can see tight flower clump inside Hyacinth foliage. Can't wait to see the burgundy and yellow Hyacinths in bloom.

Spoiled by blooming forced bulbs in stores. They don't bloom for such early Easter when planted in ground this far north. First time and unrealistically expected more of 200 or so bulbs planted to be in bloom already.

Seems like I'll be interplanting tiny annuals seedlings before most bulbs bloom!

Love seeing yours blooming. Thanks!

• phonegirl
    16 years ago

Thanks for all your posts. It's great to see all of your beautiful flowers. I love my flowers and won't have any blooms for a month or so. Tulips are just starting to come up. I don't have anything planted next to the home. Keep posting so I can enjoy yours while waiting for mine.

• jqpublic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay Thanks everyone!!

• zubababy
    16 years ago

my first tulip this year! the middle of the flower is purple, but the camera wouldn't pick that up. this one is right next to the house. the rest of the tulips are only showing a couple inches of growth.
    {{gwi:2478}}

• zubababy
    16 years ago

this is what has popped up today
    Puschkinia 'scilloides var. libanotica'
    {{gwi:2479}}

i would like to see some others beauties, so that i can add to my want list. :)
    i don't have any hyacinth's yet, but i am planning on getting some of those for next year. i walked into a yard the other day that had about a dozen of them blooming, and the smell was wonderful.
    jqpublic
    do have anything else showing right now? would love to see it!

• gonegardening
    16 years ago

Hi: I keep most of my photos on my blog (easier for me)...right now, the early daffs are finishing up, but there are still the mids and lates to go...plus some newbies from last fall that are still adjusting to their new home.

Here is a link that might be useful: My daffodils, etc.

• MissMyGardens
    16 years ago

Thanks, Zubababy, for showing me what the Pushkinia should look like in bloom! That's variety I have.

This morning I'm going out in the rain to search for foliage matching that in your photo. Have patch marked where they are but need to check for like foliage to make sure they're viable.

Love everyone's pics. Thanks!

• jqpublic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'll post some soon. Our tulips finally started blooming. Its been too rainy out lately to take any pics.

• tepelus
    16 years ago

Some crocus and my dwarf iris have bloomed, still waiting on the others.

Giant Crocus striped
    {{gwi:2480}}

Giant Crocus Yellow
    {{gwi:2481}}

Giant Crocus White
    {{gwi:2482}}

Giant Crocus Purple
    {{gwi:2483}}

Snow Crocus Romance
    {{gwi:2484}}

Snow Crocus Whitewell Purple
    {{gwi:2485}}

Dwarf Iris Cantab
    {{gwi:2486}}

Karen

• christy2828
    16 years ago

I'm still waiting on the tulips, and there are few crocus left. But the daffs and hyacinths are showing off!! Christy :)

{{gwi:2487}}
    {{gwi:2488}}
    {{gwi:2489}}
    {{gwi:2490}}

• jqpublic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great pics everyone! Here are some more of ours. My camera isn't that great and the rainy days didn't get me out to take pics til many of the tulips were past peak, but oh well! There are also some iris mixed in.

{{gwi:2491}}

{{gwi:2492}}

{{gwi:2493}}

• windy123
    16 years ago

Zone 7 in Maryland- my species tulips just bloomed today!

{{gwi:2494}}

{{gwi:2495}}

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Thanks jqpublic for starting this thread and (maybe) luring some folks to post some pics. I love all of them, and especially enjoyed the many pics and blog of gonegardening....oh, and the species tulips...love em and now need some!

Here is a pic of the first bloom (for me) of Belcantes.
    {{gwi:2496}}
    It was given to me by a generous GW member. I am now a major fan of the Split Cup Division of Daffs.

Sue

16 years ago

And Orangery

{{gwi:2497}}

• rainbow_2007
    16 years ago

These came up a couple of weeks ago.
    {{gwi:2498}}
    {{gwi:2499}}
    {{gwi:2500}}
    {{gwi:2501}}

These came up last week
    {{gwi:2503}}

{{gwi:2504}}

{{gwi:2507}}

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

What a lovely thread to ring in the season! I've got only a couple "old" hyacinths up- they keep hanging on in the dreadful spot they're in (I thought I pulled them all up this past fall); the rest are still little green pokey pine-cone-heads sticking up outta the ground.
    Got zone envy over here; we won't see the show most of you have for a few weeks yet. I figure we're nearly a month behind Z7. But the weather is improving, today it's over 70!!! (I hope my Winter-sown sprouties don't melt in the heat today since I forgot to open them- shoot!)

15 years ago

Here is a new to me favorite one. It's not the best pic, but you can see it is a pretty one for sure...multiple blooms per stem.

Hillstar

{{gwi:2509}}

Maybe next season my 'beds' will be in much better shape and I can show the 'big' picture of many of them.

Sue

• chrizty
    15 years ago

wow beauitful pics everyone.
    i have daffs
    {{gwi:2511}}
    only one crocus
    {{gwi:2513}}
    tulipa tarda
    {{gwi:2514}}

• mmqchdygg
    15 years ago

From the "Discount Bulbs" bin on November 30, all planted by Dec 1st:

{{gwi:2464}}
    {{gwi:2465}}
    {{gwi:2466}}
    {{gwi:2467}}
    These last 3 are at our roadside "Adopt-a-Spot" which has been recently "renovated" with new compost/loam, but otherwise, is pretty beat up underneath. Hooray for bulbs!

{{gwi:2468}}
    {{gwi:2469}}
    {{gwi:2470}}

• jqpublic
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great pics everyone! Thanks mmqchdygg...I'm glad to see the great white North is now out of their winter slumber!

• chrizty
    15 years ago

pretty tulips! :)