Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holes on Iris Bulbs? (PIC)

Posted by redthreaddiy 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 15, 10 at 12:02

I dug up some Iris bulbs, and read that holes were bad. However, there's still something growing, so I don't know what to do!

IMG_3657

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holes on Iris Bulbs? (PIC)

if the holes are on the underside of the rhizome then i wouldn't worry about that, alot of mine have them from where old roots fell out. if they're soft cut off the living part and replant the rest because it could be iris borer or a resulting case of soft rot and could spread.

if the rhizomes aren't soft, and especially of those holes are on the bottom then i wouldn't worry.

o
RE: Holes on Iris Bulbs? (PIC)

I had a bed of iris' that I hadn't split in about 5 years. Way past the split time and they looked like yours with the holes, but weren't soft or squishy. When I split the bed I had triple what I thought I had. Gave some away and transplanted the rest. Haven't had a problem with any of them. I agree with ashes of the fire, if they aren't soft I wouldn't worry about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here