Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostalover360

Foreced Daffodils bulbs CAN survive pictures included

hostalover360
13 years ago

{{gwi:3700}}

I wanted to make a post and give some hope to people wishing to put once forced bulbs in the garden by telling a story I had this the Yellow Daffodils to the left in the picture above. These were your typical foreced daffodils that can found in a large chain of stores. They were sitting on a rack selling for Easter which in that year was in late March I believe. I bought one, enjoyed it indoors then right afterwords I stuck it outside and buried the pot partly in the ground. Well it was left that way accidentally through the winter, un protected sicking out of the ground in a Wisconsin winter. When Spring came I was very surprised to see I forgot them! I slipped it out of the pot and planted it back where it was and this is what they looked like later that Spring, so not only did they survive the next year after being forced they bloomed! I think the main reason why these survived is becuase they were on a southern wall, but this is my story, so if you ever get forced bulbs especially Daffodils don't be afraid to try them in the garden!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz