Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For anyone who is tired of winter...

Posted by paddlehikeva Piedmont VA_Z6b (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 18, 09 at 7:02

...and is impatient for spring to arrive, is welcome to view the pictures I took at the Keukenhof last spring.

Compared to this garden, my garden is such a weed patch that it almost made me want to give up. But then I remembered that there are hundreds of people spending thousands of Euros making the Keukenhof a magnificent showplace.

I apologize for the quality of some of the pictures, my camera is not the best, nor am I a very good photographer. But even an imperfect picture taken at the Keukenhof is beautiful.

Enjoy.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Kathy's photos of the Keukenhof

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For anyone who is tired of winter...

Thanks, Kathy, what stunning displays! It must have been a real treat to visit the Keukenhof.

It served to remind me that my river of muscari is only a few drops, my hyacinths are in groups of a dozen at most, two pots of orange tulips were all I allowed myself this year and lilies are dotted among the roses in 2s and 3s, but I look forward to every little blossom, inspired.

Thanks again for sharing your photos. It is a delight on a cold day.

Nell

o

Thanks for the lift! Now I know where the hyacinth photo came from... plus I have a dozen other ideas to think over, which isn't the best thing for a snowy winter day with all these new catalogs coming in!

o

That place is stunning! I had a chance to visit it few years back - and it was a real treat.
Thank you Kathy for posting pictures.
~Natalie

o

What stunning photographs of such gorgeous flowers! I am equal parts inspired/envious! If only my garden could look so beautiful...

o

This is heavenly! Thank you so much for posting!

Kathy, what happens to this place when the bulbs are faded? How does one keep a succession of flowers? any idea that would apply to small backyard appreciated, I just planted ( for the first time) about 300 bulbs, mostly tulips and daffodils, and I don't know what else to do after they come and go.
Thank you!

o

Thanks that was very enjoyable.

Butchart Gardens in Victoria BC does an amazing bulb display as well. They pull them all out when they are faded and replace with annuals.

o

Very pretty, the smell must have been nice with all toughs Daffodils. My Spring bulbs are waiting for spring potted up in my small fridge!

o

I am glad the pictures were enjoyed. To answer adiro's questions. It is my understanding the Keukenhof is only open during bulb season. It closed for the rest of the year a few days after my visit in May.

In order to have sucesssion of flowers, I plant daffodils, iris, roses, daylilies, lilies, and dahlias. With lots of other things mixed in as well.

Kathy

o

Thank you SO much, I have just my one tiny crocus to stare at so far. What beautiful photos. I loved each one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here