Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crocuses are Blooming!

Posted by cadence 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 27, 11 at 15:10

Just got my first glimpse of them yesterday in my perennial garden. January 26th. Also noticed my bleeding heart poking through the soil. Anyone else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crocuses are Blooming!

Yup, my purple Crocus came up already and in bloom. My Tulips are poking through the soil too.

My Tulips

Crocus

Crocus flowers closed because no sun today

o

Photobucket

Wow some people really get to see their Spring flowers early, you guys are lucky, My gardens a buried under more then 3 feet of snow, It will be at least 2 months before I see any Spring flowers!

o

Wow! I have the first bloom as well. We are new to South Carolina after many years in Miami and I was afraid that it was too early and I had done something wrong, but apparently, crocuses come early. I saw some sprouts last week and heaped on some pine straw to insulate them, but I gather I should just let nature take it's course. So pretty!

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi Pakistan (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 3, 11 at 0:15

I am feeling zone envy, they are so pretty and I cant grow them.. sigh... :(

o

And the crocus have arrived in zone 7b -
From 2011 Garden

Here is a link that might be useful: more pictures here

o

I've planted cream, yellow, and purple crocuses like mad last fall, both in the garden and through the lawn, and can't wait to see them. A few dozen have come up already, but only yellow ones. Anyone ever noticed one colour coming up earlier than others?
Even in the lawn, only the Gypsy Girls have popped up and are blooming, the others haven't even shown any green yet, very curious. Unless, of course, the purple and cream ones taste better to the squirrels!

o

Poor hostalover! I am sad for you :(

I have snowdrops blooming and the eranthis have buds. I can't believe how much I dote on those little blooms this time of year. And this year my daughter is 20 months and is now old enough to enjoy them with me!

o

Apologies if you've already seen this over on perennials.

My camera is getting elderly and has been dropped once too often. But here's a blurry picture I took on the walk home from work day before yesterday. Crocus tommasinianus (always first out and now a little bashed from rain) and white heather.

Photobucket

I was up in London yesterday where there is a bit warmer urban microclimate and there are tubs full of daffodils out. Mine are just showing yellow.

o

Photobucket

ladychore, Yeah Winters here are crazy sometimes if you look above last week we had a spell of 40s and 50s, we lost all but 8 inches of snow and these daffodils started growing on the side of the house, Now THIS week It's snowed 8 inches and it's still snowing with no warmth in sight. night lows will be in the single digits tonight. Ah Spring is coming! lol

o

It will be here soon! Hang in there!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here