Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

New: Lily Society Facebook page for WI and IL set up

I know this is the Bulbs forum, and Lilies have their own forum: but lilies ARE bulbs, and I know many of you will grow at least a few of them. :) This way, even if you do not "hang out" at the Lily Forum, you will see this posting.

This is for the Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society, which is affiliated with the North American Lily Society. If you use Facebook, please consider "liking" our page, and attend an event with us! There is not much on there yet, but I plan to post new content soon, like lily and general gardening articles. On this page we will list upcoming Lily Society events, and post an ongoing series of articles on growing lilies, as well as other gardening tips.

Our membership chiefly draws from the Chicago area, northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We offer information to those gardeners seeking to grow these supreme beauties of nature, member of the genus Lilium, in their own gardens, plus the camaraderie that gardeners know.

We offer an Education series that meets at various locations in the Chicago area. These will be posted on the Facebook page as they are scheduled. A lily bulb sale also occurs twice a year, in the fall and in the spring. At this sale are offered both popular and unusual varieties, most not available in stores.

Our first lecture is this Sunday, at the Northbrook IL Public Library (north suburb of Chicago). I am a member of this group, and was asked to figure out new ways to stimulate attendance at our events. I plan to exhibit our page at the meeting this coming Sunday. I hope to have some fans by then to show them the power of social marketing ! Thanks for your support!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!