Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unbelievable! January 17: first narcissus bloom!

Posted by donnabaskets 7b-8 MS (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 17, 12 at 19:45

Every once in awhile, Mother Nature gives us unexpected surprises! I walked outside this morning and saw 8 Grand Soleil d'Ors in full bloom. All this mild weather we've been having has coaxed them into the earliest bloom I have ever seen!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unbelievable! January 17: first narcissus bloom!

I wonder if this is all a cruel tease and winter will soon crush us, or if it's just going to be a really mild winter? Here in PA we can still expect a good month more of winter, but I bet in MS you are normally looking at Feb as the end of your winter.

Not that I'm jealous at all.

o
RE: Unbelievable! January 17: first narcissus bloom!

Believe me, it's been weird here too. January is usually our coldest month, but February can be nasty too (nasty for us, that is). It's not unusual for me to have very early narcisuss bloom the first week of February, but this is crazy. We have had several days this month in the seventies...that is unheard of. It makes me wonder if we are going to have an early spring...like should I be starting seeds?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here