Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crocus blooming on attic steps

Posted by jewelbeetle 7 Md (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 23, 10 at 10:51

Hi there everyone---Ihad to move all my entire garden in 2009 so I had various rescued bulbs in containers in dec, I brought them in so they wouldnt freeze above ground. They were ok, now they are trying to bloom on the attic steps. Daffs are poking up outside where the snow is melted near the house. There is other bulbs in these containers in the attic. I don't know what to do. Should I plant them outside already? I got spring fever in Md.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crocus blooming on attic steps

Just go ahead and place the conatiners outside now. Plant in the ground when your soil becomes workable (no longer frozen or too wet). A container of blooming crocus on the front porch or entry stairs would be a very colorful welcome :-))

FWIW, a potted container of bulbs is unlikely to freeze solid or turn to mush in zone 7, despite your recent cold weather and lots of snow.

o
RE: crocus blooming on attic steps

I put them out on Feb. 24th and you should see them now!!! Thank you so much for the advise, I really didn't think they would be ok. After their done at least I will know where to place them in the garden because most everything will be up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here