Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remembering last year's late snow storm

Posted by zaffisc Utah (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 12:11

Last year in the West Desert of Utah, when the bulbs were in full swing, we had a late snow storm towards the end of April 2012. With all our snowstorms this year, I'm wondering if the same thing will happen again - time will tell.

Thankfully, all these bulbs quickly rebounded, stood up straight again and continued to flower beautifully, after the heavy weight of the snow melted.

There is a row of Muscari right by the sidewalk, then a row of various daylilies, then a back row of Ice Follies and Red Devon Daffodils. They all put on a wonderful exibition right by the front door :-) Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remembering last year's late snow storm

Can't load 2 pics at once... OK then...

This picture was about 3 weeks before the snowstorm and the Ice Follies were just getting started nicely (26 March 2012). No Muscari had started to bloom yet, neither had the Red Devons.
Candy

This post was edited by zaffisc on Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 12:18

o

Your bulbs all look happy in that spot. We wait so long to see them again, and it seems like the snow always tries to knock them down. Good thing bulbs are so forgiving. I hope we all get to see our bulbs again soon! I still have several feet of snow in my yard.

o

Glad to hear they rebounded, it's a great display and it sounds like you planned a nice range of bloom times to keep things interesting for the whole spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here