Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crocosmia and Tigridia flower bulbs inquiry.

Posted by roly0217 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 13, 10 at 13:35

Hello everybody !! I purchased some bulbs last summer but negrected to plant them after planting over 200 gladiolus and more than 50 lilies. They had been in storage until today that I decided to pot them up. What's the change of this bulbs sprouting and if not bloom at least produce foliage and grow for next year. I've planted them in a Moisture control potting soil. Added time release fertilizer as well as bone and blood meal. I hope that my plants will make it. Thanks for the replies. Happy Gardening !!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crocosmia and Tigridia flower bulbs inquiry.

You're right:

Go ahead & plant 'em.

Even if they don't bloom, they'll make food to store for next year.

If you *don't* plant them, they'll use up their food just surviving & will be less likely to have enough stored to last until next year.

o
RE: Crocosmia and Tigridia flower bulbs inquiry.

Thanks for the reply. The bulbs weren't muchy or anything so I figured that I would rather plant them and hopefully they will come up and get the bulbs plumped up if anything. Thanks again and Happy Gardening!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here