Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

has van bourgondien bulbs gone out of business?

honeybunny2 Fox
12 years ago

I read on one of the other forums that van bourgondien bulbs has gone out of business, is this true? I called and they have a recording that they are unable to answer due to unforseen circumstances.

Comments (12)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

I found this on The Watchdog site.

As of February 2012, we have been advised by readers that Van Bourgondien is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Here is a link that might be useful: United States Bankruptcy Court

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Wow I received a catalog yesterday and have an order for Glamini bulbs with them. I hope I receive them. Judy

• pizzuti
    12 years ago

A company in Chapter 11 bankruptcy should continue to operate.

Chapter 7 would be bad news.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for the information, I mailed an order to them on Feb 11th, after receiving their catalog. I could have stopped payment on the check, but their phone message says to call back at a later time, so I felt they were still doing business. I will let you know if I get my order, since I asked for my bulbs to be mailed out on March 1st.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I called this morning and they are taking orders again, they are back in business. I hope to get my bulbs soon. Barbra

• bill_ri_z6b
    12 years ago

I had also received a catalog from them and was thinking of ordering, but many forum members said they had bad experiences with this company, in particular, the quality of the items they received as well as inaccurate labeling (i. e. they got the wrong items). None of this had to do with any filing for bankruptcy however since I read all this weeks ago. So those were the reasons I didn't order.

{{gwi:5901}}

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

I've gotten most of my bulbs from them. They came very large in size. The only issue I had with them was S&H was crazy. But they do send good quality bulbs.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today is the first day of spring, so I called to see when the bulbs would be mailed out. The catalog said they mail out in spring. I was told that my order would be mailed out the first part of April.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

I called yesterday and they told me the same thing. Waiting patiently for my mini glads.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well I just got an email from Van Bourgondien, and my bulbs were mailed out yesterday. The plant I ordered was not included. I wonder if they were not able to get the plant. My order was held up because they were waiting for the plant to arrive. I guess I will find out soon enought. They mail out UPS, so it should be here in a few days. Barbra

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

My mini glads finally came one day last week or so. Already in the ground. Seems kinda late so don't know if I will get blooms this year or not.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I received my bulbs a week ago today, and they are excellent, they have the eyes already blooming from the bulbs. I also ordered plants, and they arrived the next day in a seperate order, since I was not expecting that order, and did not get the package until Sunday, I was worried, but planted them Sunday. Today I can see they are all going to do just fine. I really did get great plants, and bulbs, I will order from them again. Barbra