Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreea21

Please comment about my garden!

andreea21
13 years ago

My garden!

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden 2010 !

Comments (7)

• vetivert8
    13 years ago

I like your use of walkways and screening to provide a sense of destinations and viewpoints.

It doesn't seem to be a huge garden so you've shown more restraint than I ever could - you've planted in groups to give a disciplined and structured effect which I appreciate (but couldn't do...:-((( )

I predict that the garden bed with the Japanese maple will be widened Soon. It has that feel to it.

The conifers are beautiful. They might swamp the garden in future. For now they provide lovely 'bones'

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Very tidy, lush green... I just loved the pic with terrace and stairs coming down in the garden.. although its personal choice (and of course the zone limitations) but I would have added more colorful foliage like Caladiums or Coleus in the summer...

In short it was refreshing virtual tour for me, thanks for sharing..

Izhar

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    13 years ago

I appreciate the GREEN. Those of us living in DRY summer California when we travel are always happy to see a lush green country side, especially when it is also a well tended garden. Many of us would really like to know what part of the world you garden in. Al

• andreea21
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am living in Ontario Canada, my zone is 5.Thank you all for your nice comments. Last year in the fall I planted over 400 spring bulbs, 5 clematis,also I have in my garden over 15 roses, peonias.Yes, I am agry that the garden need more color, I am working on it.English for me is the second language, sorry for mistakes.

• andreea21
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The second set with my flowers, enjoy them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowers!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

It is all just so beautiful, so private and so perfect, with so many textures and colors. It was nice seeing it in different stages and seasons.

I am really wowed by your grass too, and often wonder how folks can ever mow with beds so close together without throwing the grass into/on to nearby beds. Do you use a mulching mower or maybe one with a bagger?

I'm really impressed by it all, and see that it has been a labor of love.

I am working on it.English for me is the second language, sorry for mistakes.
    You do very well with English as a second language. A lot of English speaking folks have not mastered it as well as you have.

hint...if you update your Member profile via the Member Pages link found at the bottom of any page, and put your zone and location in the one box provided for the garden zone, it will then appear on your Member Page and will automatically be shown whenever you post.

Sue

• Donna
    13 years ago

What a lovely garden. It makes me long for spring!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting