Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tuberose question

Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 10, 09 at 22:40

I found a place online selling "large clumps" of tuberose bulbs, they look quite nice and I'm considering them. Has anyone had experience with easytogrowbulbs.com

My question is how can you divide these bulbs, as the clumps they are selling seem large enough to divide. I have never grown them, and really dont know much about their growing habits.

This is a photo from their site in the ad for these plants.

Photobucket

NOW dont you all go running over there to buy all these before I get mine ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tuberose question

I have never sen them sold by the clump before. They look great and if I needed any I would buy them this way. These are very tough plants and I would not be concerned about them growing. Al

o

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 9:21

so do you think that if I got a clump like these above, they could easily be divided? I"m just debating about how much to spend and if I can divide them easily I"ll just buy less even if it means waiting longer for them to develope and bloom, etc.

o

so do you think that if I got a clump like these above, they could easily be divided?
They look to me like they would be very easy to divide just fine.

NOW dont you all go running over there to buy all these before I get mine ;)
I promise not to, since they are not hardy here, or for that matter even in your zone according to the site.

Touch of Nature claims the varieties they carry are hardy in zone 3-9. hhhhmmmm.........

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Tuberosa at Touch of Nature

o

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 19:24

I intend to put them in large pots that can winter in my greenhouse.

Hardiness:
Zones 9-11, elsewhere dig in fall and store indoors
thanks for the responses

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here